Tuesday, March 17, 2009

3/18 - What a clear night!

Freezing by the time midnight rolled around, but definitely clear!

Failed:
  • Whirlpool Galaxy (M51) - didn't expect anything in NYC...
  • M41, Open Cluster in Canis Major - weird that I couldn't find this... (Update: I'm going to blame the star chart on this one. Comparing the chart I had with me to others I looked at, I probably still should have found M41, but the location on the chart was a bit misleading.)
  • Tried for Lulin... totally not happening!
Observed:
  • Hyades (Collinder 50)
  • Pleiades (M45)
  • Orion Nebula, Trapezium (M42)
  • Beehive Cluster (M44)
  • M35 (Open Cluster in Gemini)
  • NCG 2158 (Open Cluster in Gemini)
  • Saturn
  • Mizar & Alcor
  • Mizar A & B
What a great and freezing night! (Oh, and I finally brought a chair with me. Makes a huge difference in comfort and in seeing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment